It is no surprise that these sweet potatoes are listed in the list of everyone’s healthiest foods. One baked sweet potato has 37% of vitamin C, and also contains potassium, iron, and calcium. All this contains just 105 calories! Moreover, they also deliver four grams of dietary fiber and zip absolutely in terms of fat.
Luckily, there are a lot of sweet potato recipes that you can learn them to enjoy! In this article, will show you 24 easy and healthy sweet potato recipes that you can learn them in detail and make them for your family members.
Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes – Easy Recipes To Make At Home
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato
Looking for the healthy and easy sweet potato recipes, you should not pass this recipe.
- Small sweet potatoes – 3 (about 2 pounds)
- Garlic-flavored olive oil – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Dry mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced fresh rosemary – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Then, peel sweet potatoes; cut them lengthwise into 8 wedges. Next, combine sweet potatoes along with remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss them well to coat.
- Now, arrange potatoes on a baking sheet. Then, bake them at 450° for about 30 minutes or till soft and lightly browned, changing the wedges after the first 16 minutes.
- Finally, serve it immediately.
Sweet Potato, Curried Carrot, And Ginger Soup
weet potato recipes are not only healthy and delicious but also very easy to do at home.
This dish is one of the great ways to get more beta-carotene and vitamin A. Both sweet potatoes and carrots deliver oodles of beta-carotene and vitamin A, making this recipe especially good for your skin and vision.
You can serve it with one whole grain baguette to get a satisfying and hearty meal.
- Canola oil – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped shallots – 1/2 cup
- Cubed peeled sweet potato – 3 cups
- Sliced peeled carrots – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Grated ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Curry powder – 2 teaspoons
- Less-sodium, fat-free chicken broth – 3 cups
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Firstly, heat oil in one large saucepan over the medium-high heat.
- Then, add shallots into it; sauté it for about 3 minutes or till tender.
- Now, add potato, ginger, carrots, and curry into it; cook them for 2 minutes.
- Next, add broth; bring it to a boil.
- After that, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer it for 25 minutes or till vegetables become tender; stir it in salt.
- Finally, pour a half of soup in one food processor and pulse it until smooth. You repeat this process with the remaining soup.
Sweet Potato Knot Rolls
Being cute and tasty, the knot rolls are proven that you may use sweet potatoes in many ways. Moreover, this recipe has only one-third the fat and calories of traditional knot rolls due to the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes.
- Dry yeast – 2 and 1/4 teaspoons
- 2% reduced-fat milk (warm) – 1 cup
- Mashed canned sweet potatoes – 3/4 cup
- Butter, melted and divided – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 and 1/4 teaspoons
- Large egg yolks, beaten – 2
- Bread flour, divided – 5 cups
- Cooking spray
- Firstly, add yeast and milk in the large bowl and mix them well; let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add sweet potatoes, butter (1 tablespoon), salt, and egg yolks into it and stir this mixture by using a whisk.
- Next, lightly spoon the flour into some dry measuring cups and level with a knife. Now, add 4 and 1/2 cups of flour; stir it till you get soft dough forms.
- After that, turn the dough out on a floured surface. Knead till smooth and elastic for about 8 minutes; add the remaining flour, one tablespoon at a time, in order to prevent it from sticking to the hands (dough will be very soft and tacky).
- Then, place the dough into a large bowl that is coated with cooking spray. Cover and let it rise up a warm place (84°), free from drafts, for about 45 minutes or till doubled in size. (Press 2 fingers into the dough. If indentation remains, this dough has risen enough.) Now, punch dough down, cover and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now, line two baking sheets with a parchment paper. Divide the dough into twenty-four equal portions. Work with one portion at one time (cover the remaining dough in order to prevent drying), shape these portions into the 9-inch ropes. Carefully shape these ropes into knots; tuck the top end of knots under the roll. Place them on a prepared pan.
- Next, repeat this process with the remaining dough, place 12 rolls into each pan. Lightly coat these rolls with cooking spray and cover and allow them to rise for about 30 minutes or till doubled in size.
- Now, preheat the oven to 400° F.
- After that, uncover rolls. Bake them at 400° F for about 8 minutes with one pan on the bottom rack and one pan on the second rack from the top. Rotate pans; bake them for an additional 8 minutes or till these rolls become golden brown on the top and sound hollow as tapped.
- Finally, remove these rolls from the pans and place on the wire racks. Brush these rolls with 2 tablespoons of butter. Serve them when they are at room temperature or warm.
Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
This dish is really a perfect supplement to summer dishes. These fried potatoes offer a satisfying crunch and high levels of vitamins C and A.
Here are step-by-step guides to make one of the healthy and delicious sweet potato recipes:
- Medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried – 2
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Firstly, preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Then, cook sweet potatoes in the microwave on the high heat till crisp-tender when pierced by using a knife, for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Next, transfer them into a cutting board till cool enough to handle for about 15 minutes.
- Now, cut potatoes lengthwise into eight wedges. Transfer these potatoes into a sheet pan; drizzle them with olive oil; sprinkle them with pepper and paprika and toss them to coat.
- Finally, grill them for about three minutes per side or till potatoes become charred and fully cooked;
- Now, season them with salt.
Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
This is also one of the easiest sweet potato recipes that you should follow.
- Medium sweet potatoes – 6 (about 2 and 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground red pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper -1/8 teaspoon
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 500° F.
- Then, peel the skin of potatoes and cut them lengthwise into quarters.
- Next, place potatoes into a large bowl and coat them with cooking spray.
- Now, combine sugar, peppers, and salt well and then sprinkle over these potatoes, tossing thoroughly to coat.
- After that, arrange sweet potatoes, cut sides down, on a baking sheet.
- Now, bake at 500° F for about 10 minutes; turn the wedges over.
- Finally, bake an additional ten minutes or till tender and browned.
Make A Soup With Sweet Potato And Ginger
Here are easy guides to make this dish, one of the sweet potato recipes:
- Peeled, diced sweet potato – 3 cups
- Water – 3 cups
- Julienne-cut peeled ginger – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- At first, add clean water into a large saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients into it.
- Next, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer it for 30 minutes.
- Now, place 1/2 the sweet potato mixture into a blender and blend them until smooth.
- Finally, return this pureed mixture to a saucepan; cook it over the medium heat till thoroughly heated.