Actually having black skin is not a problem but uneven skin tone is a problem. It is a common problem that some parts of the face being darker than the rest. Generally we neglect this, but sometimes it will embarrass us. Especially darker upper lip can really spoil our beauty. There are many beauty products to reduce this problem. But they can only give temporary results.
Now the question is what to do to reduce this problem permanently. Don’t worry we came with some useful home remedies to get rid of darker upper lips. They might be slow in giving results but they can give you permanent results.
Before going to know about those remedies, we have to get some knowledge about the causes.
Causes for darker upper
It is different on different problem. The reasons are different based on their skin tone and age. These are some of the known causes.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Suntan and sunburns.
- Over usage of birth control pill. This can cause hyper pigmentation.
- Waxing your upper lip or shaving.
Home remedies to get rid of darker upper lip
Turmeric can balance the melanin production as it contains curcumin. Turmeric can also deals with the sun burns and other skin issues. Lemon has the bleaching properties. And tomato juice contains astringents.
- One tablespoon tomato juice
- Half tablespoon lemon juice
- Half tablespoon turmeric
- First mix all the three ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Now apply this paste on the upper lip area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
Use this at leat 2-3 times in a week.
Sugar Lip Scrub
Sugar can protect your skin from pigmentation by removing dead skin.
- Lemon slice
- One teaspoon of sugar
- Take a lemon and cut it into thin slices.
- Now dip these slices in sugar.
- Use this slices as scrub and rub all over your lips.
- Do this 3 to 5 minutes.
You can do this daily for better results.
Carrot juice is filled with vitamin A and antioxidants like beta-carotene that repair your skin and help with skin lightening
- Carrot juice
- You need cotton pads also.
- First take some carrot juice.
- Soak the cotton pad in the carrot juice.
- Now place this cotton pad over the upper lip where the skin is dark. Or else just apply it with your hands.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
You can use this daily or as often as possible.
Potato is the rich source of Vitamins A, B, and C. Potato can help you in lightening the dark spots. Potato juice can also reduce dark circles, pigmentation, premature aging, etc.
- 1 tablespoon potato juice
- And you need cotton balls.
- Take some potato juice.
- Now take a cotton ball and dip it in the Dip a cotton ball in the potato juice.
- Apply this on your upper lip.
- Leave it for the whole night. And wash it in the morning.
- You can also leave the soaked ball on your lip overnight.
Do this at least 2-3 times in a week.
Honey and rose petals
Rose petals are used in the cosmetic industry, especially in lip balms and related products. Rose petals can make your skin soft and smooth as they contain natural sugar and oils.
- Rose petals
- One tablespoon honey
- First crush the rose petals to make a paste.
- And add honey to this paste.
- Apply this mixture on the upper lip area and leave it for the whole night.
- Wash it off in the morning.
Use this as often as you can.